Saturday, March 21, 2009

We're Home!

We are back, safe and sound from our half-cross country trip to Florida! We had a great time, the weather was great, the kids were pretty good, and the drive was not as horrible as I thought it would be (but I don't want to do it again for a very long time). I'm going to put up pics a few at a time, since I'm not computer (or blog) literate enough to put it all in one post. So I'll start with some pictures of the beginning of the road trip.





Loading up the van for the big road trip (yes we took the potty chair)


OOOPS!!! Did we seriously just strap the luggage to the top of the van without driving it out of the garage first??? Yes, we did!!! (if it weren't for the fact that I've been having scenes from Family Vacation flashing through my head the last couple of weeks, I wouldn't have even noticed!). Just as we were about to go, I remembered the scene where the Griswolds said goodbye to all their neighbors, and backed out of the garage, tearing the luggage rack right off the family truckster. Soooo, we unloaded the luggage off the top of the van, drove it out, and strapped it back on again. I was hoping this was not indicative of how the rest of the trip would go.

No comments: